A Nude Finger

11:26 AM 1 Comment »
Engagement still finds me ridiculously distracted by the glorious shiny beacon on the ring finger of my left hand. However, this amazing goodness has been absent for about 4 days now, and I have been in constant, “HUH, where’s my ring, oh my gosh, my ring…oh that’s right, it’s being resized” mode. Let me share with you the heart wrenching moment when ring left finger last Thursday.
I think my finger is smaller than it once was and the store where the band was purchased may also run a little large, so pretty much since the ring was slipped on my finger, it has been a little too large. I thought at first, wow, this is a comfy ring but when I went to show it to someone (quite often), the diamond would be on the inside of my hand. So…with that evidence coupled with the push of my fiancé, I made my way to the store where purchased to get it resized.
I was greeted by a swarm of smiley women all eager to be of service. I went with one and told her of my plight. I was whisked away to the rear of the store where a fairly intimidating woman stepped forth and demanded my ring…my ring! I felt violated as I slipped the ring off of my finger. She then proceeded to scan it with some diamond device and then she just laid it, oh so nonchalantly, on the counter. I got my new size and expected to wait for a few minutes and regain the ring. But, oh no, she slipped my baby into this little bag and said I could pick it up sometime on WEDNESDAY. Yes, almost a full week.
I pretty much sulked like a little girl on that long walk out of the diamond store. It reminded me of what it may feel like the first day your child starts school or if you let someone keep your pet or if you got stabbed in the chest with a sharp object. I regain my ring a day after tomorrow, though, and couldn't be more pleased. I just want what is rightfully mine, returned to me, in the proper size. Thank you.

1 comments:

Will and Sarah said...

That's my girl!!

I promise I won't stab our pet if we have one.