The Power of Children

9:21 AM 1 Comment »

So, this will probably be the briefest blog ever written by me, but I just had to share with you what happened last Wednesday.

So, I was dropping by the school, after work, to pick Will up for a little hang out time before church responsibilities. There he is waiting and immediately I get excited, of course. There is also a kid waiting for her mom or dad to pick her up. Will is about to open the door when I hear, "That's Sarah?", in this completely shocked and border-line condescending voice. I'm thinking, "What"? Then he opens the door to get in, and she puts one hand on her hip and says dramatically, "What the heck?".

I am left stunned and feel like developing a complex over this 9 year old girl. Will then explains to me that she is a very strange kid, and he would completely expect her to say and do something weird like that. Oh, the power of children, though. She had me wondering what in the world was wrong with me. I mean, most of the kids adore all that is me.

Anyway, I thought that was comical, and I hope the feel of it and the humor of the moment was captured. Love you all and hope you are well!!

1 comments:

Laura Troutman said...

oh my gosh. that's when you should keep an extremely powerful water gun in your back seat... then you could just pull that sucker out and soak the crap out of her. take that kid!!!