Exiting IKEA

11:15 AM 0 Comments »
I send my warmest of hellos to the faithful readers of "The Randomness".

I adore the store, IKEA. It has a plethora of furniture, decoratives and even some yummy treats. I have been to IKEAS both here in the states and abroad and there is one downside to this grand store; exiting this store is a chore. Oooh, I rhyme and in perfect time...okay, I'll stop.

Will and I have experienced the exiting of our Atlanta IKEA twice now. In reality what they are hoping for is that you'll peruse the entirety of the store before leaving. Well, this past Friday, we wanted to bend those rules. We shopped and looked for a while and were ready to leave but, no exit of course. We saw our opportunity, though. We hopped this gate at the deserted kids area with one more to go and there she was on the other side...an IKEA employee in her bright yellow top. Busted! With freedom only one hop away, we were pretty much stuck there in the middle.

"What you doin?", says employee.
"Just trying to leave, is this not okay," says me, mid hop.
"No, you gotta through the gray doors that say employees only," comes the clear and obvious response.

So, she comes over and opens the gates for us and tells us not to come this way again. It was fun hopping the gates and getting busted, but come on people. Take away the "employees only" sign and you might end some frustration and solve some problems.

Peace and love to you all.

0 comments: