Portable Toilets and Lofty Ideas

10:02 AM 0 Comments »
Remember how I wanted to write a fun and not super serious blog? Well, I think the time has come for that. I had an "interview" for a job today. My friend, Sarah, told me about a job that she does part time, like a couple of hours a week. She works for a woman out of her house and this woman is wanting someone who can work more than that. So, after finding out more about it, I decided to meet Sarah over there this morning, meet the lady, talk about the biz, details, etc. The hours are super flexible, the pay not bad and no strings attached whatsoever. I could leave at any time. It is a bit of a commute, but I am totally used to that.

Now, when Sarah proposed this idea to me at lunch the other day, she said, "There's a catch, though. It's the business that her and her husband are in..." Well, I am of course thinking something completely sketchy. "They sell portable toilets", says Sarah. Obviously strange and funny but not sketchy. So, I will be answering the phone like so: "Happy-can, this is Sarah, how can I help you?". Wow. It is a great in between jobs, job. I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

More good news; Will and I are getting a great deal for housing after we are married. We are going to convert Will's loft apartment into our own, with our own touches, etc. The rent is great and no utility bill! PLUS, there is a brand new, MTV cribs style pool in the backyard. Up top! Dillon! Love to you all.

0 comments: