City of Blinding Lights

8:30 PM 3 Comments »
I'm hanging out in Will's loft apartment on this Friday evening. I'm on the laptop and beyond the fort like barricade of my boxes and suitcases and such is Will hanging out with some friends via the Xbox. Together they slay and slaughter together as one army. I am listening to U2 and making estimated budgets for our coming months together.

I had my interview today. Between some crossed wires and miscommunication, I was interviewing for a job in which I had little experience. So, after the interview, Will and I waited while they deliberated and the verdict was a no. I kept a stiff upper lip and thanked them but after the elevator doors closed I looked at Will and asked him if I could cry now. He said yes, and I did. I stopped myself from doing that kind of cry that completely destroys your face.

Quick bite in Panera for Will. Sarah just sat and drank coffee and picked at a cinnamon crunch bagel, which I totally recommend! Will blessed our morsels, and I cried again; weepy me.

Well, it is now Monday morning, I've stopped crying, and Will and I have decided to pass on our apartment. After seeking counsel from close friends and family and weighing pros and cons, we realize that saving money by living in Alpharetta is worth it right now vs. higher cost and living closer to Atlanta. We don't have everything ironed out yet, but some things are coming together.

I now begin a job hunt; something I didn't see myself having to do. Geez, no fun at all. I look forward to writing something completely fun and not at all serious, in the near future. If you know of any creative type fun (anything) jobs in the Atlanta area, pass them on to me. Love you all!

Check out some more of our fun purchases!

Sofa
Media Cabinet

3 comments:

Tabita said...

Poor Sarah! Did you really care for the job so much or was it just the plain fact of being rejected that made you cry? What kind of job was it? Anyway, I like your taste in picking furniture - wish I could come visit your charming apartment sometime.

Sarah Troutman said...

Liba! The job had great benefits and so much was riding on it, like the apartment, but the job itself...no, I didn't really love it. It was for a non-profit organization working in stocks. Good company, boring work. I wish you could come visit too! ;)

Jarröt said...

I have family that live out there, I'll keep an ear out for anything I might hear with their jobs and stuff.