The Random Caveman

9:22 AM 1 Comment »
In the summer of '06 when I interned in Slovakia, we went on a hike one day. The night before they defined the hike as a walk, so I didn't worry about the fact that my shoes weren't designed for rock climbing etc. That next day took us on a 7 mile hike in my Target shoes. I could feel every rock, pebble and boulder that I climed on or over. There was a random assortment of gnats that followed us around, preying upon our arms and legs. I had a vegetarian meal packed for me and at lunch, I was so hungry that I wolfed down the meat paste sandwich that I mistook for my veggie meal.

The culmination of meat paste in my belly, gnats on my body and indented feet from rocks gave birth to the "caveman". That is how Laura described me as I walked down the mountain, waving my arms and speaking in some kind of low, rumbled garble. That's me and Laura after the hike



Well, I've stumbled upon another form of the caveman; me on birth control. I was struck yesterday afternoon with a case of the caveman. I didn't wave my arms or talk in an unintelligable language but I just got super grumpy for absolutely no real reason.

Will agreed to play ping pong and go on a walk with me while in this state. He is so understanding in those moments and has already learned the best way to handle it. We already look back with laughter, but I leave you with how he later referenced that evening together; a walk throught the valley of the shadow of death.

Love and molten awesome,

Sarah

1 comments:

Jarröt said...

You and birth control just don't get along well. First it throw your cycle to meet you on the honeymoon, then you tricked it into missing your honeymoon, and now its regressing you into a caveman. I hope Will love the UNIY BROW!!!