Stumbling Blocks

7:38 AM 2 Comments »
I have to work this week, my husband does not. So, it makes getting up and going to work that much harder. Boo hoo. This morning while getting ready, Will was online reviewing some games for the 360 in hopes of renting one and having a side project for his downtime during the day. For a while now, the new Grand Theft has intrigued him but at the same time, he knew the content of the previous ones and sort of steered clear, if you will. We watched the game preview this morning and his suspicions were confirmed that it wasn't the type of game that he should rent or play.

An example for me; I am drawn to the glitz, fashion and New Yorkness that Sex and the City has to offer, but it puts my mind and heart in a place that it shouldn't be; one of materialism and immorality not seeming so well, immoral.

The world offers a lot. Some of it good, some bad but the good and bad have something in common; neither will last. I am praying for the wisdom to protect what is eternal. I know that protecting that will effect some choices, and I'm praying for the peace to really be okay with missing out on a few things. This will ultimately effect my relationship with God, as well as so many others in my life.

I am so grateful for God's continued patience and grace, as I continue on this journey with Him. He redefines the word awesome!

2 comments:

Will and Sarah said...

Poignant, insightful, utterly delicious. Well done wife.

God does make the Awesomeness come forth. He is the author of Awesome. Praise Him!

ryan said...

Sweet stuff. You need to check out Christa's blog, http://romans1311.blogspot.com/. She has some great insight into this same thing.