Shao Kahn is Defeated!

12:32 PM 1 Comment »
Hello again. Well, as some of you may know I married a bit of a gamer, but what you may not know is that I myself love video games too. I grew up playing Doom on the PC and from there went on to Mario Brothers and all that glorious series had to offer. I had an older brother, so I definitely dabbled in some fighting games as well. Street Fighter, Streets of Rage and the subject of todays blog...Mortal Kombat.

Will and I downloaded Mortal Kombat for the 360 a couple of months ago and have been enjoying reacquainting ourselves with some of our old warrior friends. We had fun with it for a bit, but grew tired of it after a while. What was especially annoying was the inability to defeat the grand master, Shao Kahn. That got old fast.



Well, the other morning, on a whim or so I thought, I decided to play a little MK. I truly believe now that it was fate leading me to play that morning. I will share with you why. Once again, I made it through them all and there was Shao laughing at me and waiting to bash my brains in with his giant mallet. I chose to play with Sheeva, the monster like man-woman. I manged to defeat him on the first round (done before) and got destroyed on the 2nd round, which was the usual pattern.



Here comes round three and I had little hope within me that I would ever stand a chance. He started his usual routine, where he lunges at me and takes about 1/3 of my energy with each lunge. I knew if I stayed where I was that he would deplete me rather quickly. I decided to go after him in this brand new technique and as Will and I watched with eyes amazed, I took the last of his life with a powerful uppercut. There he was on the ground, defeated.

Never in Will's wildest dreams, did he think he would marry a woman with such amazing dork-like qualities. I leave you with a picture of Will. I think he is reveling in the knowledge that he married a gamer!


1 comments:

Jarröt said...

I got confused because the comment stuff is at the top. Soooo I got a staff infection in my leg and chest this week and spent the bulk of yesterday recovering from a gunshot wound they call a surgery where they took off the infected part on my chest. So sorry I didn't call; admits the vicodin induced comma I kept muttering Sarah I need to call Sarah. What is keeping this from happening?? Why can't we merge on the teleconectic highway? I'll try calling today later. Hopefully we can merge for a little while.